Empires and Puzzles are currently testing a bunch of new Clash of Knights Heroes in Beta: Torben, Xiamara, Lysanor, Teddy, Koda, and Fawn. I think you’ll find them all interesting and powerful.
There were also significant Costume Bonus buffs for the Legends of 2017, 2018, and 2019 Families:
OLD: +5% attack / +5% defense / +10% health / +5% mana generationThe New Costume Bonus Buff (E&P link above)
NEW: +21% attack / +21% defense / +38% health / +5% mana generation
Some of the buffs were a bit pointless though. I mean, Bai Yeong doesn’t gain much value from increasing his hit to 370% (from 320%).
Because he’s not a true Sniper, unless we’re talking about the spirit of things?
~I think they should have given his Blind 1 more turn or made him hit 3!
What Hero of yours is looking better today, than they did yesterday? Let me know in the comments below.
Let’s jump ahead to these new Heroes… You’re gonna love Torben.
Caveat: This post contains gameplay speculation and personal opinion. It may also contain adult comedy, sarcasm, and Human error. It is not advice and is solely for entertainment and informational purposes.
All of this is Beta and therefore subject to change.
Empires and Puzzles Beta News
Torben, Xiamara, Lysanor, and Teddy (Empires and Puzzles)
There will be 2 new Families joining the Clash of Knights’ Wolf and Raven Families:
Bear Family Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes: All received Defense Status Ailments will be replaced by a +40%/+60%/+70% Defense Buff for 3 turns.
Stag Family Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes: All received Attack Status Ailments will be replaced by a +40%/+60%/+70% Attack Buff for 3 turns.
Both of the new Families share the same Passive Skill:
Passive Skill: HEALTH RECOVERY ON BUFF RECEIVED ~ This character recovers 5% health when they receive a Buff or a positive Stack.
Torben (Empires and Puzzles)
Key Facts: Fire (Red), Fast, Fighter, Bear Family
Special Skills (Mark the Prey): 1. The target receives 80% damage for all the damage their allies receive for 3 turns. 2. The target gets -50% Defense for 3 turns. 3. Deals 200% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
Quintin Mark II. That’s what we’re all thinking, right? And it feels like that when using Torben.
Torben has all his ducks in a row; first the death tether, then a bonus -50% Defense, then 200% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
-Meaning, the target actually takes around 520%…
Oh, and the Torben I’m testing in Beta has 1368 Atk and his Alpha Power is Attack Up.
A very rewarding Hero to use.
Xiamara (Empires and Puzzles) 5-Star
Key Facts: Nature (Green), Average, Cleric, Stag Family
Special Skills (Power of the Forest): 1. Deals 300% damage to all enemies. 2. All enemies receive Mana Corruption for 4 turns. Mana Corruption deals 300 damage each time any enemy hero gains Mana [?]. 3. The caster gets an additional +100% power for the next Special Skill they cast. The additional power increases +50% each subsequent cast (up to a maximum of +300% in total).
When I first read Xiamara’s card, I thought it was saying, “All enemies receive 300 damage for any Mana received”, but there’s a little blue ? that adds meaning.
The additional Info reads:
“When mana is gained by Special Skill, Status Effect, Level Property, Passive Skill, Family Effect or Minion”.
So it’s not triggered for tile damage/mana gaining.
It’s worth noting that an Increased Mana Generation Buff also doesn’t trigger the damage.
This is still a great skill, as you can imagine.
Xiamara hits like a moving truck, and harder the next time round, and so on, -like Quenell but to all.
Another awesome Hero.
These guys are living up to the Clash of Knights legacy.
Lysanor (Empires and Puzzles) 5-Star
Key Facts: Ice (Blue), Slow, Monk, Stag Family
Special Skills (Sapphire Eyes): 1. Recovers 30% Health for all allies. 2. Each fallen ally has a 55% chance to get revived with 15% HP. 3. All allies get +50% Attack for 5 turns. The Attack increases by 5% each turn, up to +70%.
Lysanor is a Slow Reviver and Healer. As you can see, 55% is pretty amazing odds, plus she has that +50%^ increasing Attack for 5 turns.
The Attack buff is a nice additional Skill to help get your team back on track after a rebirth.
Nothing new here besides increased numbers, but cool stuff.
Out of interest, in Beta, I managed to get my card to:
Atk: 1119 Def: 1291 HP: 2388
Teddy (Empires and Puzzles) 5-Star
Key Facts: Dark (Purple), Average, Monk, Bear Family
Special Skills (The Call to Hibernate): 1. All enemies fall asleep. 2. While asleep, the target can’t attack or gain Mana. 3. All damage dealt to the sleeping target is increased by +70%. 4. The sleeping target is woken once it takes damage. This excludes damage from Minions and Fiends. 5. All allies regenerate 800 HP over 4 turns.
While the other 5-Star Heroes are serious-looking Clash of Knights-type Warriors, Teddy is a comicy kid with a wooden sword and shield, who’s missing one of his front teeth.
The Sleep Skill we’ve seen before with Balbar.
The difference here is that Teddy targets ALL.
Remember, while asleep, targets can not attack or gain mana, and with Teddy, all damage is increased to +70%.
Teddy will also heal all allies for 800 HP over 4 turns, which is decent.
Just like Balbar, the goal is to Sleep the two on the Wings and if you’re careful enough, you can keep them subdued for a short while.
Or, conversely, be ready to shock them awake immediately after putting them to bed.
Nothing crazy here tho…
Koda (Empires and Puzzles) 4-Star
Key Facts: Dark (Purple), Fast, Cleric, Bear Family
Special Skills (Feral Swing): 1. Deals 400% damage to the target. 2. The target gets -35% Defense for 3 turns. The Defense decreases by -10% each turn, up to -55%.
I wasn’t going to do the 4-Stars, but I really wanted to highlight the 3-Star, so Koda’s getting some light.
Also, the new 4-Stars are comparable to the old 5-Star Heroes so why not?
Koda is a quick Sniper who benefits from the awesome Bear Family Bonus.
Atk: 982 Def: 885 HP: 1723
Fawn (Empires and Puzzles) 3-Star
Key Facts: Fire (Red), Fast, Fighter, Stag Family
Special Skills (Evading Dash): 1. All allies get +45% chance to dodge Special Skills for 3 turns. Each dodge damages the attacker for 80 damage. 2. All allies receive a small amount of Mana over 3 turns.
Fawn is a fully-fledged 3-Star Dodger.
And that was the main reason I wanted to showcase her.
Aqeela, the other 3-Star Dodger, offers +45% Dodge for herself and nearby allies, while Fawn does it for all allies (both are for 3 turns at Fast).
Each Dodge from Fawn’s buff results in 80 damage to the attacker, Vs. Aqeela’s +5% Defense Stack.
She also supplies a small amount of mana to all allies over 3 turns.
A very handy new 3-Star Hero.
Beta News | Old Cynic
That about does it!
Please remember, it’s all Beta so is subject to change.
What do you make of the new Clash of Knights Heroes? Let me know in the comments below.
Hope you enjoyed the post!
[Please always check in-game Hero Cards to confirm details and never chase Heroes]
✨✨ SUBSCRIBE ✨✨
Enjoyed the post? Then please help me, -share it with your alliance!
Want more Empires and Puzzles? Click here.
Have you seen Areax? Empires and Puzzles September 2023 Hero of the Month.
Don’t forget to check out my Hero Ranking Page!
Looking for a new mobile game (iOS or Android)? Check out my new review section.
Follow me on Facebook? Old Cynic’s Page
Images used by way of review/tutorial – Copyright owned by Empires & Puzzles: Small Giant Games/Zynga Games