It’s a common Empires and Puzzles War Strategy, to have all members of the same Alliance field the same color Tank.
The idea’s simple enough; exhaust the opponent’s selection of heroes and therefore, reduce their effectiveness against your Tank (and Defense Team).
But is this strategy still viable today? Is there a better way?
Well, Romain De Camas (also known as Yardman), a subscriber, has requested the use of this platform to make his case.
Caveat: This post contains gameplay speculation and personal opinion. It may also contain comedy and sarcasm. It is not advice and is solely for entertainment and informational purposes.
Empires and Puzzles War Strategy Debate
For the record, the Tank is normally center of the 5 heroes in a Standard formation. For more on Tanks and other in-game jargon, check out my E&P Jargon page.
While Romain provides the grounds for this argument, I’ve assisted him with framing it, as English is not his first language.
How long have you been playing Empires and Puzzles? 4 years.
And, how many 5-Star heroes do you own? 104.
Over to you, Romain:
The Age of the Mono-Colored War Tank is Over (Empires and Puzzles)
Thank you kindly, Mr Cynic. I trust you are well?
As the common citizen is well aware, most Alliances impose a color (element) for Tanks in War.
The strategy is obvious, and seems to make perfect sense:
- In Alliance Wars, we’re forced to field 5 heroes in a “Standard” V formation,
- The “Standard” V formation promotes the use of a Single-Tank, as it protects the other 4 heroes behind, so
- All members fielding the same color Tank will force the opposition to exhaust the color (element) which goes against your chosen Tank color.
- And with any luck, it happens within 2 or 3 flags.
But is it still a good War Strategy in 2022 (Empires and Puzzles)?
Let’s be clear.
Use of a single-element Tank, IS a great strategy for most players. However, it’s at a high level where things start to get a little tricky:
See, most of the high-level guilds benefit from the following:
- Competitive players, who are in possession of a Deck with more value than the total GNP of a small country
- All capable of fielding over six, 5-Star, fully emblemed, Rainbow teams
- With great synergizing to be found, across the board
And at that level, believe me… they don’t care what the opposing Tank color is.
They will simply review and dissect the victim’s squad, piece by piece;
- – who’s the healer,
- – the debuffer,
- – the hitter
..And they build accordingly, -with a violent, Rainbow, team.
And, if not Rainbow, then Mono.
So Regardless of the Tank color, everything is still about luck and hero synergy.
Please bear with me, as I’m getting to my point.
Team Synergy Over Tank Element (Empires and Puzzles)
In most Alliances, where a single colour (element) Tank strategy is implemented, individuals are losing out on Defense Team synergy.
In some cases, for a Defense Team to operate best, a certain hero should be Tank (or certain heroes should be played together).
- Bera / Freya must be tank if you also have Mr. Pengi on the team.
- Pengui + Krampus must be played together for the lucky few who have them (regardless of the non-rainbow team it creates).
- Costumed Kadilen must be front, if you have Alfrike or any slow hero on the Wing.
- Ninjas must be played together, using mainly Garnet or Jade as Tank.
- And in a Rush War, anyone with Alfrike, MUST use her.
And on the flip side, there are some heroes who just don’t work well together.
My point is, forcing people to use a specific color Tank, instead of a well-thought-out Defense Team, seems pretty odd, don’t you think?
I recall recently, a member of my Alliance had Mother North, but as it was her best Green hero, she was forced to play her at Tank.
-And, as we all know, that’s a complete waste!
Anyway, this is my offering after years of playing the game.
Thank you for taking the time to read it! I look forward to responding to any comments below.
Cheers Cynic, nice one.
Empires and Puzzles War Strategy
Well, there you have it, folks. What’s your take? Please let us know in the comments below.
For more on War Strategy, check out this post: War Tips for Beating Stronger Defenses.
[Please always check in-game Hero Cards to confirm details]
Enjoyed the post? Then please help me, -share it with your alliance! and subscribe!
Want more Empires and Puzzles? Click here.
Have you seen Roughian & Nurgib? Empires and Puzzles January 2023 Hero of the Month.
Don’t forget to check out my Hero Ranking Page!
Follow me on Facebook? Old Cynic’s Page
Images used by way of review/tutorial – Copyright owned by Empires & Puzzles: Small Giant Games/Zynga Games