Are you interested in writing for the Old Cynic? If so, you’re in the right place.
I’m passionate about making oldcynic.com fun, engaging, and high-quality.
If you’re a reader who wants to write something for fun, please skip the terms, and simply complete the Submission Form below with your idea.
If you’re interested in contributing to this blog but seek financial compensation, please read the terms below the Submission Form before completing the Form itself.
Please note, for you to be published on this blog, you must be able to provide a well-written post with very few errors. I will create images in support of your post, but a high standard of English is required and expected in your final submission.
Also, any written piece would need to fit in with the general vibe of this blog.
Please do not submit AI-written content or content that has been previously published elsewhere (on or offline). Please ensure that you are the full copyright holder of anything submitted.
Thank you for your interest!
These terms are simply a guide. They do not represent a contract.
If you would like to be considered for this blog and receive payment, please submit a sample of your work and additionally, complete the rest of the form.
About the Sample:
- You are not expected to make any purchases related to your sample
- The sample can be about anything, but please bear in mind, that this blog covers E&P, VR, and mobile gaming (/gaming)
- You will retain all copyrights of anything you submit. I will not publish your sample
- You will not be paid for your sample
- If you do not receive contact from me within 21 days then your application has not been successful. You are welcome to apply again
About your Future Selection:
- If selected, I will send you an email from this domain (email@example.com) to discuss the matter further. Please check your Spam Folder
- If selected, you will be expected to produce an original written piece (no AI) that has not yet been published anywhere (on the Internet or elsewhere)
- If paid for your work, I will assume full copyright ownership of the written work you produce for me. That means, you will not be allowed to publish it in any other place (on or offline) and will have no rights or control over it. And, I may also make minor edits to the work as I deem necessary (spelling/grammar/rephrasing). However, I will always acknowledge you as the author, by your chosen name, if that is what has been agreed
- If paid for your work, you will not receive a “link-back” to any other online location
- Writing for the Old Cynic is on a Post-by-Post basis. There is no guarantee of more work
- If selected, you will not be ’employed’ by the Old Cynic but will be acting as a freelancer (a self-employed person). I will not be liable for your working practices, taxes, or any other consideration normally associated with employment
- You are not expected to make any purchases related to the topic you write about. Should you choose to spend money, you will not be compensated for it