Esme is mine. An apparent Dawa Blessing saw to that. But I have questions: First, how good is Esme anyway? And second, what is the Dawa Blessing? I’ll share what I know…
For the record, I’ve already posted a complete Clash Of Knights Quest guide, and it includes initial reviews of all the new heroes. So, if you’re interested in another hero, check it out.
Before we start, please consider sharing a link to this post with your Alliance or on social media. It really does help.
Caveat: This post contains game-play speculation and personal opinion. It may also contain adult comedy and sarcasm. It is not advice and is solely for entertainment, and informational, purposes.
The Dawa Blessing Explanation and Video
First, let’s deal with how I came to be in possession of Esme. I’ll be frank, I’ve never taken the time to read the definition of the Dawa Blessing -though, I have seen the headlines on social media.
For my part, here’s what happened:
- Yesterday, I decided to do 12 pulls in the Empires and Puzzles Clash Of Knights event.
- Before I started, I remembered the headlines I had seen on social media, and thought to myself: “Let’s pay some reverence to Dawa, what could it hurt? Maybe she does run the show”.
- I entered the Summoning Portal, stood before the Gate, and searched for Dawa.
- The moment I saw her, our eyes locked. She looked at me as if peering into my very soul, and then I’m sure she said, “You have my blessings my son. Spin away Merril…“.
- I paused for a moment to collect myself, then looked down at my prominent forefinger, then back at the screen. Soon I was frantically hitting the Summoning button.
- And Boom, Berfult was mine. Boom, Esme was mine. Boom, Lianna was mine.
…later, that same evening, I once again heard Dawa’s callings, “Why have you forsaken me my child?“.
I immediately returned to the Summoning Gate, like a fat child bouncing through the door of a candy store. I needed more.
I only had 6 Spins this time, but again I sought out Dawa. And again, she smiled and blessed me, and Boom, Isarnia was mine. And Boom, Aderyn was mine.
Want proof? Here’s the video:
OK, now I have Esme, is she actually worth having?
Esme Review: Element, Class, Special Skills, & Talents
Here’s her core data:
Element: Ice (Blue)
Mana Speed: Average
Family Bonus: Wolf ~ 2/3 Wolf heroes get a 35% / 50% chance to make a cast buff undispellable
Special Skills (Fiendslayer): 1. Destroys all Fiends from all allies. 2. Recovers 40% health for all allies. 3. If an ally had Fiends they will be immune to new Fiends for 4 turns.
Talent: DELAY ~ +15% chance to drop the mana generation of the enemy by -50% for 2 turns after dealing damage. The effect is applied at the end of the turn.
Is Esme worth Levelling? (Empires and Puzzles)
It depends on what you have already.
Esme’s Special (Fiendslayer)
While I’ve reviewed all of the other 5-Star heroes from the Clash Of Knights Family, I didn’t intend to review Esme.
Because, there’s not much to say about her. -What you see, is what you get.
We know that 40% healing is on par with the better 5-Star Average healers. So the only question left is, How good is her secondary?
And the answer is, It’s OK. Not great, not earth shattering, just OK.
But with all the new heroes, Elizabeth and Hannah don’t seem to be as popular as they once were.
And if you’re not facing Fiends, all Esme’s gonna give you is 40% healing. That’s it.
In truth, it’s not enough to make her a key feature in anyone’s strategy.
The problem is,
- when she’s useful, you could’ve won without her, and
- when she’s not useful, she hangs out in the corner acting all awkward and weird
Esme’s and the Future of Empires and Puzzles
If we see more Fiend heroes in future, Esme could really become a valuable asset (I hope so, because I have her).
But as things stand, I’d only level her if I had no other option. -Because it’s a long wait to get ascension Mats, so may as well keep them for someone who’s more versatile, and deserving.
Maybe if I had two other Clash Of Knights Wolf heroes, and I really wanted that Family Bonus, then I’d think about it.
Esme and The Dawa Blessing – Empires and Puzzles
My final thoughts:
It was fun pulling Esme, but now she joins the long queue for ascension Mats. And she may be there for a long time to come.
I can see a place for her off-the-bench; giving her minutes against Fiend-Summoning opposition. But the situational nature of it all, makes her an afterthought on my roster.
As for Dawa, I can no longer hear her voice.
Before you leave, a couple of final caveats:
- I am the fat child who routinely returns to the sweet shop.
- I in no way endorse the Dawa Blessing. It can only be coincidence -fun as it may be.
Old Cynic’s Hero Grade: Warrior
What are your thoughts? Did I get it wrong, or did I miss something? Let me know in the comments below.
Enjoyed the post? then help me! – Share it with your alliance! and Subscribe!
Want more Empires and Puzzles? Click here.
Have you seen this month’s HotM review?
Follow me on Facebook? Old Cynic’s Page
Images used byway of review / tutorial – Copyright owned by Empires & Puzzles: Small Giant Games