I’m not one for using the “Breaking News” banner, however, I wanted to separate this post from my usual monthly roundup.
If you didn’t already know, this morning SG announced a bunch of Nerfs and Buffs. But those following my Top Defense Team updates, shouldn’t be too surprised.
That said, my job today is to share the news, try to break down its impact, and open the floor for you to have your say.
AGENDA (Empires and Puzzle News)
1. E&P Balance Update, Feb 2022: The Nerf of C. Krampus, Christmas Family, and more.
Wanna read the last Magazine?
Caveat: This post contains gameplay speculation and personal opinion. It may also contain adult comedy, sarcasm, and Human error. It is not advice and is solely for entertainment and informational purposes.
Empires and Puzzles News
Feb 2022 Balance Update – Empires and Puzzles Nerf & Buffs
Before we get into the actual Nerfs & Buffs, it’s worth taking a look at the last Defense Heroes List. This is for January:
10. Bera ☆ (9 appearances)
8. C.Santa Claus ☆ (10)
8. Mother North ☆ (10)
7. Odin ↓1 (11)
5. C.Mother North ☆ (14)
5. Frigg ↓2 (14)
4. Elizabeth ↓3 (19)
3. Mr. Pengi ☆ (21)
2. Xnolphod ↑6 (22)
1. C.Krampus – (34)
That’s 5 out of the Top 10 that are from the Winter Family.
& here’s the month prior (December):
Now, SG isn’t coming to the Old Cynic to find out who’s dominating Defenses, -their internal data should be clear and precise.
And, I suspect, even more striking.
We learned from their statement this morning that they’ve been “closely monitoring the power of the Winter Family…”, and their data “chillingly indicates that these heroes are increasingly becoming an oppressive force in PvP battles, particularly… Defense Teams.”
SG have explained their actions and here’s the result:
All Family Bonus Nerfs & Buffs (Empires and Puzzles)
Along with some individual heroes, a few Families also received an update:
|Family||Change (Nerf / Buff)|
|Winter Family||1. Family Bonus: From +5%/10% to +2%/3% health for all Minions|
|Starfall Family||1. Family Bonus: From 25%/50% for 2/3 heroes to 50%/75%/100% for 1/2/3 heroes (chance to cleanse ailment)|
|Magic Family||1. Family Bonus: From 40%/60% for 2/3 heroes to 50%/75%/100% for 1/2/3 heroes (mana bonus)|
2. Passives: Now Passives affect all targets
All Hero Nerfs & Buffs in the Feb 2022 Balance Update
Here are the heroes:
|Hero||Change (Nerf / Buff)|
|Costumed Krampus||1. Attack: From 651 to 766|
2. Defense: From 880 to 799
3. Health: From 1558 to 1451
4. Class: From Rogue to Barbarian
5. Taunt: From 4 turns to 3 turns
6. Special: From +50% Defense for 4 turns, to +30 Defense for 3 turns
7. Special: From All allies get a Bonus attack for 4 turns, to 3 turns
|Winter Family Heroes with Minions||1. Elf Minion: From 10% HP to 7% HP|
|Director Zuri||1. Special: From Heal lowest HP ally for 60% to 65%|
2. Special: From Heal other allies for 37%, to 42%
3. Minion: From 13% HP & 20% attack, to 15% HP & 22% attack
|Eiora & Fluffy||1. Special: From 530% damage to 600%|
2. Special: From Max health reduction of 304 to 404
|Emilio||1. Attack: From 745 to 751|
2. Special: Burn damage (with Burn) from 360 to 415
3. Special: Burn damage (without Burn) from 270 to 365
|Theobald||1. Special: Damage to enemy with highest HP from 375%, to 405%|
2. Special: Damage to all other enemies from 230% to 260%
3. Special: From +50% attack to +45% attack plus a further +20% each time they are hit (4 turns)
|Agrafena||1. Magic charge 1: From -15% attack, to -20%|
2. Magic charge 1: From -15% defense to -20%
3. Magic charge 2: From +50% attack to +45% attack plus a further +20% each time they are hit (6 turns)
4. Magic charge 2: From +68% defense to +54% defense plus a further +5% each time they are hit (6 turns)
5. Magic charge 2: HP regeneration from 1218 HP to 1428
|Anastasia||1. Magic charge 1: Minions – From 8% HP & 17% Attack to From 13% HP & 20% Attack|
2. Magic charge 2: Added 235% direct damage to all
|Anton||1. Magic charge 1: From 185% damage to 250%|
2. Magic charge 1: Hit accuracy from 50% to 60%
3. Magic charge 2: From 34% Revive chance to 44%
4. Magic charge 2: Allies Revive -From 30% to 40% HP
|Cristobal||1. Magic charge 1: From 235% damage to 250%|
2. Magic charge 1: If target has less than 50% HP – From 400% damage to 500%
3. Magic charge 2: From 200% damage to 215%
4. Magic charge 2: If target has less than 50% HP – From 400% damage to 430%
|Dolgoon||1. Magic charge 1: Shared damage from 2 turns to 3 turns|
2. Magic charge 1: Get +63% defense from 2 turns to 3 turns
|Milena||1. Magic charge 1: From heal for 20% to 25%|
2. Magic charge 2: From 390% damage to 420%
|Motega||1. Attack: From 766 to 756|
2. Defense: From 766 to 756
3. Magic charge 1: Minions – From 8% HP & 17% Attack, to 14% HP & 20% Attack
4. Magic charge 1: Minion hit +20% damage from 2 turns, to 3 turns
5. Magic charge 2: Fiends absorb healing -From 30% to 50% of max HP
|Nadezhda||1. Magic charge 2: From 34% Revive chance to 44%|
2. Magic charge 2: Allies Revive -From 30% to 40% HP
3. Magic charge 2: HP regeneration from 609 to 714
Costumed Krampus Gets Nerfed (Empires and Puzzles)
Costumed Krampus was the fall guy here, receiving a significant nerf.
In addition, he’s also lost out on the Winter Family Bonus (due to its nerf).
Krampus has long been a Defensive barrier, and the nerfing of his Costume will likely see a return to the use of his Base outfit.
Irregardless, anytime you have a prominent hero nerfed in this way, people will be upset. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
All of the Winter Family heroes suffered today, including the 3/4-Star heroes, who stand to lose out on the strength of their Minions.
The Hero Buffs
There are loads… loads of buffs, and strong at that…
The already highly regarded Anastasia, actually got a serious buffing and could be mistaken for a 5-Star hero now.
Oh, and Director Zuri, -a Deity, is even stronger now.
Finally, alongside all these changes, some of the later Season IV provinces were also made a little easier.
We can expect to see all of these changes implemented tomorrow (8th Feb).
Share your thoughts
The impact of this update will be felt for some time to come, and I look forward to updating my Top Defense List nearer the end of the month.
For now, please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below, while I get on with the business of updating all these heroes.
By the way, the War Of The Three Kingdoms has started. I’m in the Shu Kingdom!
[Please always check in-game Hero Cards to confirm details and never chase Heroes]
Enjoyed the post? Then please help me, -share it with your alliance!
Want more Empires and Puzzles? Click here.
Have you seen Leadria? Empires and Puzzles December 2023 Hero of the Month.
Don’t forget to check out my Hero Ranking Page!
Looking for a new mobile game (iOS or Android)? Check out my new review section.
Follow me on Facebook? Old Cynic’s Page
Images used by way of review/tutorial – Copyright owned by Empires & Puzzles: Small Giant Games/Zynga Games