I just pulled Devana, Empires and Puzzles’ July hero of the month, and she looks like a game changer. Let me explain…
The current crop of top Defences are dominated by 4 types of heroes:
- Tanks with heavy buffs like counterattack
- Heroes that protect (Taunt) from targeting
- Minion gods, who summon minions for the entire squad
- & Monster attackers who seek to destroy all raiders
But, Devana looks like the answer to a lot of these problems.
Before we start, please subscribe!
Devana’s Element, Class, Special Skills, Passives & Talents
Let’s take a look at her key stats & facts.
Element: Holy (Yellow)
Mana Speed: Average
Special Skills: 1) Deals 255% damage to the target and nearby enemies. 2) Summons a Lynx Minion with 35% HP and 35% attack inherited from the caster. Before the Lynx Minion hits the target, it destroys all Minions from the target. 3) Dispels buffs from the target and nearby enemies. 4) [Element Link] gives all Holy allies a small amount of mana at the end of the turn for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
Passive: 1. RESIST MINION EFFECTS ~ This hero has innate resistance against incoming negative effects and damage from Minions. 2. RESIST DISPELS ~ This hero has innate resistance against Dispels of buffs.
Talent: PIERCE ~ +25% chance to bypass defensive buffs when attacking. This includes counterattacks.
How to use Devana in Raids & Defence
Devana has the potential of being a critical figure on the battlefield.
Take a look at this Empires and Puzzles Defence team (currently #6 in the world):
This is the sort of team I routinely face. As alluded to earlier, you have:
- Sif as Tank who, with the new formation option, casts: counterattack, reduced damage by -50%, and increased mana generation, for all for 4 turns. But how does Devana help? She removes all buffs. And, a fully levelled Denana also has a +25% chance of bypassing buffs like counterattack when hitting.
- Next you have Krampus, who casts ‘Taunt’, preventing enemies from targeting allies with Special Skills. He also casts other buffs (including +50% attack for all allies), and summons a Minion for all allies. Again, Devana will remove buffs from Krampus (although not from nearby enemies due to Krampus’ protecting Taunt), & will also deal with 1 of those minions for you.
- Then you have Bera, who will summons a Minion for each ally, which hit and poison the enemy. Devana can help here too. First note, she has passive resistance against Minion effects and damage. And then comes the Lynx Minion, which she summons for herself…
- Devana’s Lynx Minion inherits 35% HP and 35% attack from the caster, so it has staying power. Before it hits a target, it destroys all Minions from that target. So turn after turn, the Lynx will slowly wipe away opposing Minions.
- On top of that, Devana hits 3 enemies (or 5 on a new-style formation) for 255%.
- All for an Average mana charge.
Related: How good is Chakkoszrot?
July 2021 ~ Devana Empires and Puzzles Hero Of The Month
On a personal note, I look forward to playing Devana on my own raid team, where she’ll replace Lady Woolerton. Taking her place besides:
And, Bai Yeong and Malosi stand to benefit from Devana’s element link; increasing mana generation for them both.
UPDATE 21/07/21 [20 days later]:-
I levelled Devana, put her on my defence squad, and in my Raiding team:
I’m happy to report… she lives up to all the hype.
Her Minions are beefy, and her strike is especially cool because it removes enemy buffs.
It’s also noticeable, when her Minions are killing off enemy Minions.
The element link is massive for my already FAST team. Bai Yeong and Malosi seem to fire off their Special skills more frequently.
Also, Devana’s mana boost happens at the end of the round, which is important, because it’s after Bera and Freya reduce your team’s mana, should they die.
In one Raid, Malosi was fully charged when Bera died. At the end of the round, Bera reduced his mana, but then Devana boosted it again, and returned him to fully charged.
In another Raid, Devana provided a great option against the Lady of the Lake. The Lady had created 5 Sword Minions (New formation) as Devana’s Mana became fully charged. The Swords hit Devana, and Devana resisted them, keeping her Charge. She then hit her Special, striking all enemies and creating her own Minion, who would go on to bully our Lady’s Swords.
The only downside I’ve noticed is, when my Freya summons her Minions. Because they can replace Devana’s own Minions (if she already has 3). And Devana’s Minions are stronger, and more useful, than Freya’s. -But that’s a First World problem.
Here’s a video of my Devana in action…
Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel
Old Cynic’s Hero Grade: Archangel
Enjoyed the post? then help me! – Share it with your alliance!
Want more Empires and Puzzles? Click here.
Don’t leave before Subscribing, -You may never find your way back!
Images used byway of review / tutorial – Copyright owned by Empires & Puzzles: Small Giant Games