Charon: Styx Family Hero (Empires and Puzzles)

Charon Empires and Puzzles Hero Card

Charon is the long-awaited superstar Hero from Empires and Puzzles Tower of Styx. I wasn’t able to cover him when he first emerged a couple of days ago, but this one can’t be ignored or lost to history. He’s a dream of a Hero.

If you’re interested in any of the other heroes in the Styx Family, be sure to check out my complete guide, here!

Caveat: This post contains gameplay speculation and personal opinion. It may also contain comedy and sarcasm. It is not advice and is solely for entertainment and informational purposes.

Charon’s Stats and Special Skills (Ferry From the Beyond)

Element: Dark (Purple) Class: Cleric Mana Speed: Styx

Styx Family Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes: When this Hero casts their Special Skill, they have a 40%/60%/80% chance to inflict -30% Mana generation for 2 turns.

Passive Skill: The Hero has an innate resistance against Defense Status Ailments and Elemental Defense Status Ailments.

Special Skill – Ferry From the Beyond:

Charge 1: 1. Boosts health of all allies by 450. Boosted health can exceed max HP.

Charge 2: 1. Each fallen ally has a 50% chance to revive with 10% HP. 2. All allies regenerate 609 HP over 3 turns.

Charge 3: 1. Boosts health of all allies by 700. Boosted health can exceed max HP. 2. Each fallen ally has a 65% chance to revive with 27% HP. 3. All allies regenerate 952 HP over 4 turns.

Talent: MANASHIELD ~ +35% chance to resist any negative mana status effects or effects that prevent the use of Special Skills.

Charon Empires and Puzzles Hero Card Detail
Charon – Empires and Puzzles

Is Charon worth Levelling? (Empires and Puzzles)

Yes! I don’t know who’s worth levelling if not Charon.

It’s interesting because SG just Buffed his entire Family, -just before Charon’s release. So it got me wondering:

Did they also Buff Charon, -from what we saw in Beta? Let me check…

Yes! His first Special only Boosted health by 350 HP. It now stands at 450 HP.

The second tier was a 40% chance to revive with 10% HP and regeneration of 459 HP over 3 turns. That now stands at a 50% chance to revive with 10% HP and regeneration of 609 HP over 3 turns.

And the final tier was 600 HP Boosted health, a 60% chance at revival with 20% HP, and 732 HP regen over 4 turns. That now stands at 700 HP Boosted health, a 65% chance at revival with 27% HP, and 952 HP regen over 4 turns.

Now, I wouldn’t normally compare Beta with Real Life, but in this case, it’s significant. Because Charon was already considered a megastar. -That’s exactly why he was so eagerly anticipated.

Charon, a Quick Summary

Alright, I can’t write a long piece about Charon today, even though he deserves it. But, at least we can get something on the record.

Charon was so much fun to use in Beta because he was so powerful. Even when your allies gave up and died, there was always a reason to have hope, because Charon could bring them back. On top of that, he hands out HP like it’s money he just won on the lottery.

No, no, no. We can do better… like it were money and he was an elected official issuing nonrepayable public debt to his mates who own can’t-fail won’t-fail private companies 😁. That’s more like it.

And that was in Beta. -Whereas this Charon is even stronger!

I mean, 450 Boosted health for 6 tiles is absurd. Rhys does 320 HP for a Fast Charge.

Charon’s second Charge (9 tiles) gives you a Special that’s comparable to Mother North and Costumed Heimdall.

And his last Charge (just 12 tiles!) represents the best-guaranteed revival odds in Empires and Puzzles.

That said, there are a couple of blind spots you’ll have to cover with his Teammates. Like Dispel, Minion Control, etc etc. But as Revivers go, I don’t think there’s better than Charon. And that boils down to the fact that 2 of his 3 Specials consist of absolute Top-end Reviving.

[Note: The Boosted health on the 3rd tier Special comes before reviving so those who rise from the dead will not benefit.]

Charon Review (Empires and Puzzles):

My final thoughts:

Charon is a next-level Hero and with him on the team, you can use your other slots for offensively minded Heroes.

If I could sum him up in a few words, I would say that it feels like he has an answer for everything. If things are going well, then take the 450 Boosted health. Or if you need more, just collect 3 more tiles!

He felt like a cheat code when I used him. The only question is, how strong will he be on Defense? And I imagine he could be a nightmare.

… a 65% chance to bring ’em all back with 27% HP and 952 HP regeneration being pumped in? Or MN on an Average Charge? Or a super-quick Boosted health?

I played another mobile game (shocking!) and in that game, they had Healers/Revivers who revived “at least 1 member of the party”.

And we’re getting closer to that I believe. Who knows, maybe that’s next.

As for Charon, congrats if you pulled him. Please test him out and return to share what you find.

Thanks for reading!

What do you make of Charon?

Hero Grade for Charon (Empires and Puzzles)

So for my grading, the question is:

Is this hero’s Special capable of/likely to change the outcome of a battle? Yes.

If not, do they still bring enough to the party to help defeat the deities? N/a.

Old Cynic’s Hero Grade: Deity ⭐⭐⭐

What are your thoughts? Did I get it wrong or miss something? Let me know in the comments below.

Enjoyed the post? Then please help me, -share it with your alliance! and subscribe!

Want more Empires and Puzzles? Click here.

Have you seen Balur? Empires and Puzzles December 2022 Hero of the Month.

Don’t forget to check out my Hero Ranking Page!

Follow me on Facebook? Old Cynic’s Page

Copyright: oldcynic.com
Images used by way of review/tutorial – Copyright owned by Empires & Puzzles: Small Giant/Zynga Games

Similar Posts

13 Comments

  1. When I first saw Charon I thought SG devs were crazy for coming up with this crazy super. He definitely deserves deity 3* ranking.

  2. Are you saying that nobody beta tested the versions of the heroes with the stats they released them with? If so, a weird way of doing beta testing…

    1. Hi Jackie, I can’t say for a fact that he wasn’t issued in this form to a Beta after the initial testing, but I don’t recall seeing him in this form. In my experience, it’s not uncommon for a hero to be released with higher/better stats than seen in beta.

  3. this power creep is crazy, but it only affects the really high end players mostly, styx won’t have many f2p pulls.

    This brings up another question, what different kind of teams are people facing in gold, platinum and diamond regularly? I think raiding is probably wildly different at 1800 cups and 2400 cups.

  4. Releasing new top dark hero every month? Lol. Not sure what can beat this one. Hero that will kill all your heroes on the first move? These new teams are not even worth trying. You can only use mono team against them and you need at least decent boards -but usually if you decide to pick much stronger team the boards will kill you on purpose…

    I get that the game is becoming more fun for millionaires but for me, this is killing the game 🙁

  5. He is amazing. Purple does seem to be the popular color for awesome hero’s lately. This character will be relevant for a long time. Leveling him up ASAP. Better for offense but useful on defense too wth lol.

  6. Got him doing two ten pulls in order to get Skadi from Fated Summons. I already own Hypnos x 2 and Erebus x 2, and wasn’t expecting another Styx hero. But I’m very happy to see his badass face in my roster. He seems to be an offensive monster. That kind of ressurection ability for an average speed is huge !

  7. I am still over the moon from pulling this guy – on a 10 pull (okay not my only one, but). Started levelling immediately and tested him a few times on 2.1.6. He’s a dream! Just wish I could swap my 25 rings for tabards. Lol. Deity? Yes!

  8. Hi OC. i’ve got nothing to comment on Charon. Just wanna ask, will you be doing review on Jove, Fortuna and Enigmo? some of my alliance mate are actually waiting for your review on them as they were very very lucky to got those. lol. I’ve been coming here everyday to check if you do any review on them.
    Thank You!

      1. Awww man. I myself just got Enigmo so I was hoping for a review. Im sucks at judging heroes. When I got M&M, I thought she was bad and was planning to use my limited scope on Morel instead. Turns out she was the best tank. Thats how bad am I on analyzing heroes. LOL

        1. 😄 Enigmo is unique and in the current Meta should be fun. In beta he was blacked-out , so we couldn’t see his image and that threw me (and annoyed me!).

          Jove is the beast.

          I’m thinking of ways to cover every new hero; not sure. Anyway, loads of stuff coming up and I’ll be posting at least a couple more times this month!

          1. Maybe just a quick review and grading? I can honestly say, there’s no other people that review heroes as detailed as you. You even look at angles that others rarely did. I alway look here on your site if I ever got new heroes

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *